1. Personal Information Collected
Native Pens generally collects information from you through our website, Trade-me and direct e-mail contact. The information collected includes:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Phone and/or mobile numbers (for contact purposes)
- Order details
- Billing and delivery addresses and other incidental information required for ordering, payment and delivery of Native Pens products.
The information is collected for the purposes of responding to your queries, supplying you with requested information on products and the ordering and delivery of products to you and if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information, we may be unable to process your orders for Native Pens products or it may affect delivery of products to you.
During creating an account you may also select to be added to our newsletter e-mail list allowing us to keep you informed of new products and developments at Native Pens. You may opt out of this mailing list at any time by contacting us and advising your wish to do or by logging into your account and using the Newsletter Subscription section to unsubscribe.
2. Disclosure of Personal Information
Native Pens treats all information held about customers as strictly confidential. Information about customers is not sold, rented or traded for any purposes. Native Pens does not disclose information about you unless:
The disclosure is required by law;
The disclosure of the information is necessary to obtain legal or accounting advice to protect the company's interests or your interests. Our solicitors and accountants are under an obligation to keep such information confidential;
The disclosure is necessary for debt recovery functions;
Disclosure is necessary to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
Disclosure is required to carry out our obligations to you, for example: to freight and transport companies in order to arrange delivery of products for you at your request;
Disclosure is required for processing of credit / debit card payments through PayPal or Stripe;
you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
3. Security of Personal Information
Native Pens is committed to ensuring that your personal information remains secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Native Pens endeavors to ensure all information it holds is up to date and accurate. We encourage you to advise us of any changes in your personal information details held by us and we will use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal information up to date and accurate.
We do not store or receive your credit card details on this website - All details are handled by PayPal or Stripe during the check out process - who are compliant with the security requirements. Once you complete the checkout - you will be transferred to their website for payment processing.
We Accept Payments via PayPal Accounts and through Stripe for all customers.
We also accept Bank Transfers/Internet Payments for New Zealand customers.
4. Access to Information
You can request Native Pens to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you at any time. You can contact Native Pens either through the contact form on our website or in writing or by email. If we are unable to provide any part of the personal information we hold about you, we will let you know why.
5. Use of our Website
For statistical purposes, we collect information about the use of the website, www.nativepens.nz, through Google Analytics. This includes but is not limited to information about the number of visits to the site, what pages were viewed, the length of each visit to the site and the previous website visited. No personal details are collected as part of the statistical information.
We log domain names and/or IP addresses, and browser type for our internal site traffic statistics. IP addresses, etc. are not tied to company or individual identifiable information.
6. Complaints Handling
If you have a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, please contact us to discuss the complaint. Alternatively, you may put the complaint in writing. We will respond to your complaint quickly. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, then you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. Contact details for the Privacy Commissioner are available on the Privacy Commissioner's website on www.privacy.org.nz.
7. Retention of Personal Information
Information about customers is stored by us for a minimum of 7 years, in order that we are better equipped to serve you and keep you up to date with any new product or information we feel will be of interest to you. We do not pass this information onto a third party, except as details in section 2.
8. Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These are described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting Native Pens using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict the use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where Native Pens is required to store data for legal reasons) Native Pens will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) Native Pens processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from Native Pens after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, Native Pens will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about Native Pens use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
Please use the GDPR Tools section of the webite to initiate any of the above.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Richard Bootten, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Richard Bootten, 18 John Downs Drive, Browns Bay, Auckland 0630, New Zealand
9. Sale of Business
If the company sells the whole or substantially all of its assets at any time, the new owner of the business will receive the personal information we hold about you for the purpose of continuing to conduct the business.